Fall Prevention Training Classes
We Will Conduct a Free Workshop on Fall Prevention for
The Senior’s Choice has built a reputation as a leading expert in fall prevention. In fact, TSC’s founder and president Steve Everhart recently made an appearance on the CBS Early Show as an expert on “Avoiding Life-Threatening Falls”. Let a Senior’s Choice member in your community share some ideas with your family, friends, company, organization, or group about how to prevent one of the most catastrophic events in the life of a senior citizen.
Did you know…
- That 70% of accidental deaths in people over the age of 75 result from falls?
- That we spend $79 billion in medical costs each year on accidents attributable to falls?
- That 40% of all nursing home admissions are attributable to repeated falls at home?
- That 1 out of every 3 seniors who lives independently in their homes will seek medical care for a major fall each year? If you are over 75, the likelihood of falling is even greater.
- That 25% of seniors who suffer hip fractures die within one year?
- That survivors of falls may experience debilitating fractures of the hip, wrists or spine?
- That falling, or the fear of falling, often leads to loss of confidence, imposed isolation and immobility?
As you can see, the consequences of falling are very serious to seniors and their families. At The Senior’s Choice, we are very concerned about the effects that falls have on seniors. Our members routinely speak to groups, both large and small, about how to prevent falls. A TSC member in your area would be happy to give a dynamic presentation to your group (ranging from 20 to 60 minutes in length, based on your needs). In this presentation, we share such vital information as:
- The frequency and effects of falls among seniors
- The most common causes of falls
- Things you can do to reduce the risk of falling
- What to do when someone falls
- How to tell if you or someone you love is at risk of a fall
With each presentation, brochures, videos and other materials are available for each attendee. In addition, each senior will have the opportunity to participate in a free risk assessment. To have a member of The Senior’s Choice present this valuable program at your group’s next meeting, simply click here and fill out the request form. A representative will contact you within the next 72 hours to make the arrangements.
Additional resources are also available by downloading these helpful documents: